Friday, June 24, 2011

coming home!!

Wow.  Amazing that we are at this point.  Leticia has been going 100 miles an hours and the kids, for the most part, have been hanging in there.  She tells me that the days have been very busy.  They were suppose to fly back Tuesday the 28th, but God changed the minds of the people at the embassy and they went ahead and did the kids medical exams and visa applications on Thursday.
So Leticia arrived in Zhitomir on Monday.  She picked up the kids on Tuesday morning and got the 4 birth certificates by the end of the day.  She then ran around all day Wednesday and got all 4 passports.  There was some nervousness with that, because on Tuesday Oksana realized that they did not have Helen’s old passport.  Apparently the lady that sets up the Spain hosting trips had left it in Kyiv.  She is currently in Spain.  Not till 10:30 pm Tuesday did they find out that it was in Kyiv and it was sent to Zhitomir by bus on Wednesday morning.    Wednesday was also a very long day for me.  I was awaken at 1:30 am to be informed by Leticia that Helen’s missing passport had been found, then again at 2:30 am so that I could email the US embassy to request an appointment for them for Thursday morning.   I did that and went to bed at 3 am.   I set my alarm for 4:30 am to check for a reply.  I got up at 4:30 to check my email and was elated to find a reply for a 9:30 am appointment.  I called Leticia to inform her and went back to bed.  They were off to Kyiv that evening.  Thursday morning a driver picked them up at 9 am to take them to the embassy.  However, they did not get the process started till more than hour after their schedule appointment.  I will just say that the delay was not the fault of Leticia or the Embassy.  The people at the visa department told Leticia that if she came back there by 3 pm, they would attempt to get their visas by the end of the day.  Unfortunately, the medical exams where not completed till a little after 4 pm so they were not able to get their visas on Thursday.  They told Leticia to call back on Friday.  The embassy was closed to the public on Friday, but they were still doing other business.  Leticia text me at 7:30 am US time to tell me that they had gotten all the Visas.  I put in an email to Eldo at Golden Rule agency, and within minutes he had changed their Tuesday flights to Saturday at a savings no less.  So the crew is getting here tomorrow at 8:30 pm in Austin, TX.  What was to take at least 10 days to complete, God decided that it would take 6 days from departure to arrival.  Wow!!
Sorry that we do not have pictures to post, but we will later.  Leticia said that she has taken many of them. Tomorrow, today in Ukraine, our kids start their new lives in America.  Praise God. Please pray for safe travel and that all goes smoothly on their way home.

Isaiah 55:9
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment